What we do at Blykalla
Blykalla is a Swedish deep-tech company at the forefront of the nuclear industry, pioneering the development of small modular reactors that provide clean, safe, and reliable energy. Thanks to lead-cooling, we achieve high safety in a very compact format, allowing for a simple and cost-effective design that can be mass-produced. Our unique reactor design will provide safe and clean baseload energy that is a perfect complement to solar and wind power.
Are you a talented Mechanical Engineer with expertise in pumps? Are you passionate about contributing to the advancement of nuclear energy technology? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Join our dynamic and innovative nuclear start-up company as a Mechanical Engineer, specialized in pump development, and be a key player in shaping the future of clean and efficient energy solutions.
What you’ll get to do
As a Mechanical Engineer specialized in pump development, you will play a crucial role in designing highly innovative primary coolant pumps for liquid lead! The pumps you develop will be manufactured, tested for reliability, and then applied in our cutting-edge small modular reactors. To achieve this, you will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers. Together, you will ensure the safe and efficient operation of our advanced nuclear power plants.
Your expertise will be critical in driving innovation, reliability, and performance in our pump systems, contributing to the success of our groundbreaking clean energy projects. We expect you to take on the following responsibilities:
What you’ll get to do
Be the competence lead for designing, analyzing, and optimizing lead and water pump systems for our small modular reactor.
- Improve the design process with insight into the operation, failures, and maintenance of pumps
- Conduct various simulations and calculations to ensure that our pumps meet performance, safety, and reliability requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate pump systems into the overall reactor design.
- Define routines for testing and validation of pump components and systems.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in pump technology and apply best practices to our designs.
- Assist in preparing technical documentation, reports, and presentations.
Who you are
You will be part of a highly skilled team with a can-do attitude. We put an emphasis on creating high-performing teams through our core values and strive for creating a workplace to which you enjoy coming. There are, however, a few things that we think will help you succeed in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Proven experience (minimum 5 years) in the design and development of pumps, ideally from thermal power plants, and chemical or petrochemical industries.
- Prior experience with the operation and failure analysis of pumps is advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of fluid mechanics is required, experience with liquid metals is advantageous.
- Proficiency in engineering software and simulation tools necessary for pump design.
- Familiarity with codes, standards, and regulations that apply to pumps.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Analytical mindset, attention to detail, and a passion for innovative problem-solving.
- Prior experience with small modular reactors or nuclear systems is a plus but not mandatory.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Fluency in Swedish is a plus
This position is for our office in Stockholm.
So, what do you think?
Don't miss the chance to be at the forefront of revolutionizing nuclear power. Join our team as Mechanical Engineer specialized in pumps and help shape the energy landscape of tomorrow. Apply today with your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and achievements.
We are proud to foster an inclusive workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to be a part of changing the way the world thinks about power supply!
Note: We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and are an equal-opportunity employer.