What we do at Blykalla
Blykalla is a Swedish deep-tech company at the forefront of the nuclear industry, pioneering the development of small modular reactors that provide clean, safe, and reliable energy. Thanks to lead-cooling, we achieve high safety in a very compact format, allowing for a simple and cost-effective design that can be mass-produced. Our unique reactor design will provide safe and green baseload energy that perfectly complements solar and wind power.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Mechanical Engineer specializing in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to join our growing team. As a CFD Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in the design, analysis, and optimization of fluid flow and heat transfer systems within our small modular reactors. Your expertise will help us develop state-of-the-art SMR technology that meets the highest safety and efficiency standards.
What you’ll get to do
As Mechanical Engineer CFD, you will perform computational thermal-hydraulics analyses of our reactor´s primary system and its components. You will also analyse fluid-structure interactions in the reactor´s components using state-of-the art tools and methods (Ansys Fluent and Ansys CFX). With your experiences and expertise we believe that you for some analyses activities develop and implement your own analyses methods and models. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Utilize advanced CFD software tools to model and simulate fluid dynamics, heat transfer, and other related phenomena within our SMRs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize reactor components and systems, ensuring performance, safety, and reliability.
- Act as mentor for junior engineers.
- Conduct analysis and provide insights to improve thermal-hydraulic performance, energy efficiency, and overall reactor performance.
- Generate reports and present findings to internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Participate in design reviews and contribute to the development of innovative solutions.
Who you are
You will be part of a highly skilled team with a can-do attitude. We value personnel chemistry a lot and strive for creating a workplace where you enjoy coming to. There are however a few things that we think will help in order for you to succeed in this role, these are:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field. Master's or PhD preferably in thermal-hydraulics or fluid dynamics related topics.
- Proven experience in using CFD software such as ANSYS Fluent, CFX, or similar tools.
- Strong understanding of fluid dynamics, heat transfer, and thermodynamics first principles.
- Exposure to plant processes/systems analysis.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary team environment.
- Strong communication skills, written and spoken.
- Can work both independently and in a team environment.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written.
- Fluency in Swedish is a plus.
- Knowledge of nuclear engineering principles and familiarity with SMR technology.
- Experience with 1D thermal-hydraulics analyses and tools (e.g. RELAP, TRACE, GOTHIC, SAS4A/SASSYS-1).
- Experience with low Prandt number thermal-hydraulics.
- R&D experience.
This position is for our office in Stockholm.
So, what do you think?
Joining our team means being part of a supportive and innovative environment where your ideas are valued and your expertise is recognized. You will have the opportunity to work with industry leaders and contribute to the safe and sustainable use of nuclear power.
If you are ready to take on this exciting challenge and play a pivotal role in nuclear safety, apply now and help shape the future of the nuclear energy industry!
Note: We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and are an equal opportunity employer.